Homeowners beam about their green home, it’s benefits and why they decided to on eco-sustainable architecture – featured on Salamat Doc
Alta Vista Drive
- Total Lot Area = 202.91m2
- Gross Floor Area = 202.63m2
- Total Construction Area = 365.48m2
- # of Storeys = 3
- Turnover Date = Construction May 2012;
- Retrofit (Solar PV w/ Net Metering) Sep 2014*
- Entry Porch, Living, Dining, Kitchen, Den w/ T&B,
- Laundry/Recycling Area, Maids’ Rm & T&B
- 2 Bedrooms w/ ensuites, Balcony, Open Deck
- Roof Deck, Rain Water Cistern & Elevated Tank, Storage
- Front garden for urban farming
- Green wall with horizontal louvers used as shading on the South-west facade
- Light and air wells give access to natural light and cross ventilation for all rooms and main stairwell.
- Energy efficient lamps and appliances
- Solar Water Heater
- Rainwater Cistern & Elevated Tank, and water efficient fixtures.
- Low VOC paints
- *Solar PV w/ net metering was installed in 2014
- Healthier, pleasant & comfortable interiors with natural light and cross ventilation.
Front garden and grass pavers reduced urban heat island effect while providing source of edible plants.
- Green wall provided sufficient shading of afternoon sun and provide further cooling due to evapo-transpiration.
- Green wall likewise acts as a buffer of strong winds, dust, noise, rain, apart from solar heat gain.
- Daylight from light wells and other fenestrations deem artificial light unnecessary during daytime.
- With the provision of ceiling fans w/ lamps in the rooms, air conditioning is a necessity only during extremely warm and humid conditions
- Rain water collected is used for irrigation and water efficient fixtures result in reduced water bills
- Energy efficient lamps and appliances and solar water heater result in reduced electric and water bills
- The additional installation of solar pv for net metering further reduced electric bills